Friday 8 April 2011

Evaluation Question 5



How did you attract/address your audience?




To answer this question we showed our video to various teenagers, we then asked them to comment on what they thought made the film appealing to our age group. Here are three boys we asked who were all 16-17 years old.




Bethany Carter
























Comment on the film
The first thing I noticed, when I watched Deep Six was the music. The continuous slow groove, gave me a quite depressing feeling, especially because the bass line reminded me of a beating heart. This music promises a definitely thrilling film. I really liked, that the film starts strait away; there is dead body within the first two minutes.
When the paramedic says ‘We have got another one’, I interpreted that there have to be more, dead bodies been found before. Some other films have an very long introduction, which usually puts me off watching them to the end. There might be a serial killer, how will be killing further victims, or who will at least threaten them. Over all, what I enjoyed most, was the scared impression in the face of the protagonist, and the colour change, which probably reflects her emotions. She has a hard decision to make either, to tell the police what she saw, even thought this would encourage the killer to kill her as well, or to keep silent which would affect that even more people would have to die, because the police has no evidences to bring the murder to prison.
I am quite interested in the whole film, to see which way she chooses to go.


alex voltz


by caryn meyer and bethany cater

No comments: